COVID VACCINE INFO FOR OUR PATIENTS OVER 5
AND FOR OUR PARENTS OF ANY AGE
Residents 5 years of age and older are eligible to receive the COVID vaccine. While we would love to be able to provide you the vaccine in our office, there are many imposed restrictions that are specific to this vaccine. Because of this we will be unable to provide this vaccine in our office at this point. We do strongly urge you to vaccinate your children and we at PVP do support this vaccine. Please remember that patients 5-17 years old can only receive the Pfizer vaccine at this time. Patients 18 and older can receive any of the three approved vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson). We do not have a specific vaccine preference aside from the age-related issue previously mentioned - all three are highly effective against severe COVID disease. Below are several ways to find and register for the vaccine. You may need to pursue multiple options at the same time to find an appointment since the appointment spots fill up very quickly.
- Search on the State of CT Vaccine portal OR call the Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at 877-918-2224.
- Register with VAMS and search on the site for vaccines (this step is required for many of the vaccination sites).
- Make a MyChart account with any of the major healthcare systems in CT that are providing the vaccine. Examples include Hartford Healthcare MyChart and UConn MyChart , Trinity Health of New England MyChart , or Yale New Haven MyChart . Please note: Pioneer Valley Pediatrics is not affiliated with these healthcare systems and cannot provide you with an activation code. You should be able to proceed with making a MyChart account by clicking “No activation code? Sign up online.”
- Check your town website. Many towns are offering vaccine appointments for their residents.
- If your child is medically complex or high risk and is followed by a specialist at CT Children’s, they will reach out to you to guide you through the scheduling process with them.
All the providers here at Pioneer Valley Pediatrics strongly recommend the vaccine for everyone who is eligible to receive it. We look forward to getting closer to herd immunity and living life more closely to “the way it was.” Below are a few informative sites for your reference. Please contact us with any questions.
COVID vaccine Q&A from Connecticut Children’s
HealthyChildren.org article about the COVID vaccine with links to more information
Your PVP family
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE ELECTRONIC SHARING OF HEALTH INFORMATION
ALL PVP Patients
MA and CT Patients
HIE Level Opt-Out
Pioneer Valley Pediatrics participates in the electronic sharing of health information with other health care providers, health plans and other health care-related entities, and others, through CTHealthlink, a health information exchange (HIE). Your electronic health records, including certain sensitive health information, e.g., mental health information, HIV/AIDS, genetic information, some alcohol and drug abuse treatment information, communicable diseases, and developmental and intellectual disability treatment, may be accessible through the HIE to properly authorized users for purposes of treatment, payment, and health care operations, as well as other purposes permitted or required by law unless you submit an opt-out request online through CTHealthlink.
If you do NOT want your electronic health records shared and used through the HIE, you can opt-out of the HIE by submitting your opt-out request online at https://www.cthealthlink.com/Patient-Resources/Opt-Out.aspx .
Even if you opt-out of having your health information used and disclosed through the HIE, some of your information may still be available through the HIE to properly authorized individuals as necessary in an emergency, prescription drug monitoring program or to report specific information to a government agency as required by law (for example, reporting of certain communicable diseases or suspected incidents of abuse).
Each opt-out request is subject to verification procedures. Please allow 2-5 business days for your request to be processed. Your failure to provide all information required for verification may result in additional delay.
For information about Telehealth please click on above link
PVP is a Baycare Physician Practice
At Pioneer Valley Pediatrics, we offer comprehensive pediatric services for infants, children, and adolescents. We have two conveniently located offices in Massachusetts and Connecticut. We are currently accepting newborns in both of our offices. We care for patients from infancy through college graduation and accept most types of local insurance. We look forward to supporting your family in the wonderful adventure of raising a healthy infant, child, and adolescent.
We are committed to quality health care for children and adolescents. We share common beliefs and practices about the medical and emotional needs of youth. We are strong proponents of preventive care, immunizations, breast-feeding and accident prevention. Our doctors and staff are dedicated to promoting the healthy development of children and families.
Please visit our
- you will be able to check out your health record, complete forms, get lab results, connect with our staff, change contact information, view health and wellness articles, as well as view and pay your bills online. Please do not ask urgent questions on the portal.