Welcome to Our Practice- NCQA Level 3 Patient Care Medical Home
COVID VACCINE INFO FOR OUR PATIENTS OVER 16
AND FOR OUR PARENTS OF ANY AGE
As of April 1st 2021, CT residents 16 years of age and older are eligible to receive the COVID vaccine. While we would love to be able to provide you the vaccine in our office, it has not yet been distributed to private medical practices. Please remember that patients 16-17 years old can only receive the Pfizer vaccine at this time. Patients 18 and older can receive any of the three approved vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson). We do not have a specific vaccine preference aside from the age-related issue previously mentioned - all three are highly effective against severe COVID disease. Below are several ways to find and register for the vaccine. You may need to pursue multiple options at the same time to find an appointment since the appointment spots fill up very quickly.
- Search on the State of CT Vaccine portal OR call the Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at 877-918-2224.
- Register with VAMS and search on the site for vaccines (this step is required for many of the vaccination sites).
- Make a MyChart account with any of the major healthcare systems in CT that are providing the vaccine. Examples include Hartford Healthcare MyChart and UConn MyChart, Trinity Health of New England MyChart, or Yale New Haven MyChart. Please note: Pioneer Valley Pediatrics is not affiliated with these healthcare systems and cannot provide you with an activation code. You should be able to proceed with making a MyChart account by clicking “No activation code? Sign up online.”
- Check your town website. Many towns are offering vaccine appointments for their residents.
- If your child is medically complex or high risk and is followed by a specialist at CT Children’s, they will reach out to you to guide you through the scheduling process with them.
All the providers here at Pioneer Valley Pediatrics strongly recommend the vaccine for everyone who is eligible to receive it. We look forward to getting closer to herd immunity and living life more closely to “the way it was.” Below are a few informative sites for your reference. Please contact us with any questions.
COVID vaccine Q&A from Connecticut Children’s
HealthyChildren.org article about the COVID vaccine with links to more information
Your PVP family
COVID UPDATE for the office: As you have become accustomed to as patients and families of PVP, we hold your health and safety to the highest standard. If you are coming in to see us this week, you will notice lots of changes. We will be asking you to arrive in your car to the parking lot at the time of your appointment and will be using your car as a "waiting area." We will be calling in patients directly to a room as rooms become available. Expect any check-in procedures and co-pays to be done via phone at that time of the call.
In the meanwhile.... take the global recommendation for social isolation seriously. This is certainly not a time to panic, but it IS a time to work to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Attention- If your child tested positive for COVID in the past and we are not aware, please call and let us know so we can update your childs chart.
Did you know that we are open 365 days a year
PVP is a Baycare Physician Practice
At Pioneer Valley Pediatrics, we offer comprehensive pediatric services for infants, children, and adolescents. We have two conveniently located offices in Massachusetts and Connecticut. We are currently accepting new patients in both of our offices. We care for patients from infancy through college graduation and accept most types of local insurance. We look forward to supporting your family in the wonderful adventure of raising a healthy infant, child, and adolescent.
We are committed to quality health care for children and adolescents. We share common beliefs and practices about the medical and emotional needs of youth. We are strong proponents of preventive care, immunizations, breast-feeding and accident prevention. Our doctors and staff are dedicated to promoting the healthy development of children and families.
Please visit our PATIENT PORTAL - you will be able to check out your health record, complete forms, get lab results, connect with our staff, change contact information, view health and wellness articles, as well as view and pay your bills online.
We were featured in the Hartford Courant
Hartford's Finest 2016